- Apr 4, 2020
- Minecraft Username
Failure to comply with the server rules will result in a punishment. The punishment will vary depending on the severity of the scenario and will be open for appeal by posting on these forums.
Staff have the right to determine the punishment based on their own judgement at the given time of the offense.
These rules are subject to change at the discretion of the BetterPVP staff.
Punishments may be extended or increased for repeat offenders.
- Excessive verbal abuse/General toxicity - If a player is caught excessively abusing other players they will be muted. The length of the mute will depend on the severity of the situation or if it's a recurring offense.
Consistent toxic behaviour may result in a punishment
- Excessive griefing - If a player is caught excessively griefing (e.g building offensive symbols, 20 block high wall around others bases etc) the player will be build locked. The length of the punishment will depend on the severity of the situation or if it's a recurring offense.
- Advertising - If a player is caught advertising, the player will be muted for a period of time depending on the severity of the situation or if it's a recurring offense.
- Dom avoiding - If a player is caught dom avoiding (e.g a player is down 0:8 or more dom on another clan and chooses to disband his clan and 'relocate his base') The player will be banned for a period of time depending on the severity of the situation or if it's a recurring offense.
- Item avoiding - If a player is caught item avoiding (e.g A player gives his loot to allies or alts etc when logging offline to avoid losing his items while being raided) the player will be banned for a period of time depending on the severity of the situation or if its recurring offense.
- Hacking - If a player is caught hacking (auto clicking, kill aura, regen, xray etc) the player will be MAH forced. This requires a player to install our custom server client to play BetterPvP.
Players do not need to be hacking, if a player is suspected they may be forced
Using an X-Ray texture pack while MAH forced will result in a ban
- Bypassing - If a player is caught bypassing our anti-hack, the player will be permanently banned.
- Spamming - If a player is caught spamming the chat (e.g sending the same message more than once, disbanding and recreating a clan etc) the player will be muted/banned depending on the severity of the situation or if it's a recurring offense.
- Duplicating - If a player is caught duplication items, the player will be banned depending on the severity of the situation or if it's a recurring offense.
- DDOS Attacks - If a player is caught DDOS'ing another player (e.g a player is flying with a windblade in PvP and gets 'DDOS'd' by another player so he can get an easy kill/wind blade) the player will be banned depending on the severity, evidence or if it's a recurring offense.
- Force Dom - If a player is caught 'force domming' (e.g clan A has 4 people online, about to be dominated by clan B which had 1 online and cannot successfully raid clan A. Clan A decides to /kill in clan B territory, forcing the raiding time to start) the player will be banned for a period of time depending on the severity or if it's a recurring offense.
Committing suicide when down -15 dom in an enemy clans territory will not award them the dom
- Auto Fishing - If a player is caught 'auto fishing' (e.g using a mod or a hacked client that
allows you to catch fish without the player having to do anything) the player will be MAH forced. This also falls under the category of 'hacking'
- Doxing - If a player is caught leaking any personal information (this includes names, IPs, addresses and other sensitive information a player would not want publicly known) they will be banned for 3 months (this may also be extended/reduced depending on the situation)
- Lag Machines - If a player or clan is found to be intentionally trying to cause server or fps lag with any sort of redstone machine, the contraption will be removed and the player will be build-locked for a period of time depending on the severity or if it's a recurring offense.
- Boosting - If a player is caught boosting anything (kd, elo, stats etc) it will result in a rollback of whatever was boosted and may be punished depending on the severity or if it's a recurring offense.
- Racism - No racism will be tolerated.
- Hackusating - Accusing other players of hacking or cheating of any kind will result in a mute.
- Alt Abusing - Using any spare account to gain advantages you couldn't get with only one account or attempting to bypass a punishment on the network (punishment evading, MAH evading, linking discord accounts, abusing PvP-Protection, scouting your base if you're being pillaged/tnt'd, farming currency or storing items etc) will result in the player being banned depending on the severity, evidence or if it's a recurring offense.
Players caught alt abusing may also be restricted from using more then 1 account on the network
- Bug Abuse - Any player caught using a bug or other exploit to gain an unfair advantage or upper-hand will be banned for a period of time depending on the severity or if it's a recurring offense.
Report the bugs/exploits and save yourself the drama of being punished for misuse
- Harassing Staff - Any player caught abusing a member of staff in any way will result in a punishment depending on the severity or if it's a recurring offense.
(This includes asking Admins to spawn in items or world events)
- Neutral Allying / Trucing - Clans actively caught neutral allying other clans and taking advantage of the ally limit (groups of more then 6 that aren't allied) will be PvP locked for a period of time depending on the severity or if it's a recurring offense.
(This is something the staff will enforce if they see multiple complaints and if it's impacting the game-play for others)
- Fighting alongside a clan that is not your ally
- Letting trapped players out of traps who are not your ally
- Pillaging or TNTing another clan alongside a clan that is not your ally
- Temporarily joining other clans to assist them (this is what alliances are for)
This does not include:
- Choosing not to kill someone in particular, as long as you are not helping them
e.g. you are both fishing at the lake peacefully and do not wish to fight
- Giving loot to a new player to help them get started
- No Clan hopping - Clans that have a group of players of more than the permitted 6 player limit, cycling each member in and out of the clan frequently to gain an advantage in any way will be punished depending on the severity of/or recurring of the offense. This includes kicking offline members to then ally other clans.
You cannot change your clan member limit to gain an advantage. Pick the members you want and stick with it, no ifs or buts.
- Chest / Other storage abuse - As of season 3, enemies can now only break chests / barrels once every 30 seconds per person. Abusing this 30 second cooldown will result in a PvP lock & the enemy clan will be awarded 8 dominance points once they re-enemy your clan.
Examples of abuse include but are not limited to
- Placing multiple layers of chests / barrels around important areas of your base
- Placing new chests as an attempt to block enemies from entering / exiting certain areas of your base
Hacking - Cheating to gain an advantage using external software not permitted in our mods list
Domming - When clan A dominates clan B to gain access to their territory (destroy blocks etc)
Dom - Refers to the points gained by killing enemy clans
MAH - Our servers anticheat client Mykindos Anti-Hack
DDOS - Distributed denial of service or attacking another players internet connection to make them disconnect from the server unintentionally
DOX - Leaking personal information that an individual wouldn't want publicly shared
Boosting - Using alt accounts, other players or any other means of intentionally attempting to gain an advantage over others
Alts - An account used by a player for something other than their usual activity or to do things in privacy
Trucing - Teaming together with other clans that aren't allied to your clan with the alliance system
Clan Hopping - Jumping in and out of a clan frequently to gain an advantage. e.g fishing whilst out of the clan and when one of the online clan members logs off, you join the clan.
To report a rule breaker click here
If you have been punished for breaking a rule and would like to appeal click here
Last edited by a moderator: