Useful tips

Discussion in 'Server Guide' started by Comprzz, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Comprzz

Comprzz Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]
    Hello, with the release of the US server I've seen a lot of questions and confusion regarding some areas of the server so I thought I'd make a thread addressing some of them.

Hopefully this helps clear up some misunderstood elements of the server and gives some handy tips to not only make you a better player but to also make your experience playing on the server as smooth as possible.

The current sections are:
    • Clan Recovery
    • Dark Prismarine
    • Dominance
    • Legendary Durability / repair command
    • Redstone
    • Supply Crates
    • MAH Forcing
    I'll most likely add or edit anything I deem would be handy for players to know, or if I see more questions/concerns regarding the same thing.

[​IMG]
    Clan Recovery:
    Nobody likes being TnT'd or raided obviously, but here on BetterPVP we try to make the main focus PVP. Spending time rebuilding a base can be very boring and annoying for some players, however with the Clan Recovery cookie it makes rebuilding a base as easy as a click of a button. Once you purchase a Clan Recovery from the fragment vendor located at shops for 50 fragments, it will rebuild and rollback your base 24 hours.
    Everything will be replaced except for items, and valuable blocks such as iron, diamond, and gold.

[​IMG]
    Dark Prismarine:
    In BetterPVP the way TnT works is different to what most players would be use to. Stonebrick requires 2 blasts of TNT to be removed (The first shot turning the stonebrick into cracked, the second destroying it), however Dark Prismarine blocks grant the most durability against TNT taking 3 shots to destroy.
    Due to the higher cost of Dark Prismarine and the fact you can only purchase them with fragments, Dark Prismarine is normally used to coat vault/chest rooms to provide the maximum resistance against TNT.

[​IMG]
    Dominance:
    Who doesn't love being the biggest, richest and scariest clan on the server? With the dominance system you can try your luck at dominating or fail and be dominated. Once another clan and yourself have declared yourselves enemies of one another, you will have to get 16 kills on any member of the enemy clan in order to dominate them. Once a clan has 16:0 dominance on a clan, they are able to pillage the dominated clan. Pillaging means you are able to break blocks and open chests in the dominated clans territory for 10 minutes, so be quick!

[​IMG]
    Legendary durability:
    There's a reason they are called legendaries and that's because they are extremely powerful, rare and ancient. Due to being so old they are able to break after a certain amount of usage. However don't worry, thanks to the donation perk that comes with the Bandit+ donator rank you are able to learn how to repair the legendaries as if they were good as new with some ancient magic once every 24 hours.

[​IMG]
    Redstone:
    Want to make a really cool trap or farm? Well, you can be as creative as you'd like. Creating things with redstone is allowed and encouraged, however creating anything that will cause lag on purpose is a good way of getting yourself punished (Lag machines of any sort wont be tolerated).

[​IMG]
    Supply Crates:
    Running low on supplies? Buy a Supply crate from the fragment vendor for 30 fragments each to stock back up on some PVP essentials. You can get armor, weapons, PVP items (molotovs, waterbottles, energy apples etc), 1m discs that you can exchange at shop for money, as well as the very slim chance of finding a legendary.
    Be cautious though, once you've placed a Supply Crate down the co-ordinates are broadcasted to the entire server so it's up to you to hold it down until reinforcement arrives.

[​IMG]
    MAH Forcing:
    Here at BetterPVP we make sure cheating of any kind is as hard as possible. Thanks to Mykindos, the staff team are able to crack down on cheaters and enforce the rules in the most efficient manor. The server's anti-cheat client is known as Mykindos Anti-Hack and has been proven to be the most effective way of countering hackers.
    If a player is under the suspicion of cheating, the staff team will force that players account to use the servers client side anti-cheat for the remainder of their playtime on the server.
    Being MAH forced does not 100% mean you were caught cheating or breaking the rules, it is simply a precaution the staff take when dealing with potential hackers.

You can view what players are using the client by typing /list in chat, any player with a * next to their username is running MAH.

If MAH currently does not have a mod that you would like to use, please post a MAH mod request here: http://battleau.net/forum/index.php?forums/mah-mod-suggestions.32/ and Mykindos will add the mod to MAH providing its compatible and reasonable within terms of impact it has on the server.

Will be editing/adding things to this if I see more confusion regarding something, thanks.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  2. Barret

Barret Forum Junkie

Great guide! I think you should also add a segment about supply drops though, many people seems to be confused about what they do.

3. Comprzz

Added, thanks.

Barret likes this.
  4. tommy272625

tommy272625 Forum Junkie

Love the lore you put into some of the paragraphs (especially /repair). Sounds great, and it's in quite a lot of detail too. Great points which will actually be useful to players, awesome thread.

Note: You cannot find 50k or 100k discs in Supply Crates, nor legendaries. You can find legendaries in the last few days of map before the server restarts.

5. Comprzz

You can't find 50k and 100k discs, my bad.
    You can however find legendaries and 1m discs the entire map.

tommy272625 likes this.
  6. Barret

Barret Forum Junkie

i never even got the 5 tnt only chain armour

tommy272625 likes this.