Poor code.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Howdy1, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Howdy1

Howdy1 Member

Hey, ill keep it short
    gold's ability null blade needs to be FIXED?! ...I've heard you've known about the bug for 2 weeks now... The problem with it is that it makes you have negative energy?! which means you sit on 0 energy for ages till you regen that negative energy back up. I've done a few tests and it seems to only take about 1-2 bars of energy a hit, BUT sometimes I get hit like twice and all my energy is gone which is retarded.

I'm sick to death of double using abilities, which if you are unaware uses an abilities energy twice and thus makes something like bulls charge use about 2/3 of your energy which is retarded. I informed mykindos about this about 3 weeks ago and nothing has changed. I dont know much about code but that should be fixable.

Then we come onto the ranger topic... When my neighbours are on (vikings) they just sit in their base and bow my clan. Heres a scenario - I leave base - I get shot by two arrows from 1 barrage about 20 blocks away - I'm forced to go back into my base for 2 mins to regen the missing 7 hearts I just took. Rinse and repeat till they log off. this isnt meant to flame their clan, their quite pleasant people. it just goes to show how stale that pvp is, the outplay for that is nothing. How do I deal with that? pvp elsewhere? the low player count makes the pvp concentrated around my base and theirs.
    The recent nerf to chain has nerfed it alot, but its damage inconsistency is far too large, 1 arrow might do 1 heart, the next might do 4.

This is a recurring theme within this server. The plugin is very inconsistent. the other day I got hit for 7 hearts from 1 backstab from a leather while I was in iron. I figure this is just some stupid value mykindos has made. I go get maximum backstab and try to do the same...I had to 7 hit an iron all backstabs to kill them?! (they weren't using hold posi)

I dont understand what's doing it but the damage on this server changes. DRASTICALLY. for no apparent reason.
    P.S The code just feels slack.
    and while in shops ally buffs affect neutrals. for example if im neutral with a gold running healing aura and we are both in shops I get his aura even though I'm not his ally. further pointing out the slack code

P.S x 2 Please don't take this as an attack towards your plugin or you. Just want something to change around here for the better.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  2. ChozzAU

ChozzAU Administrator Administrator

First time hearing about these bugs, i'll let mykindos know about them. As for ranger I guess we can look at alternatives but it's getting to the point that if we nerf that class anymore it will be rendered completely useless. None the less i'll try think of something.

3. _ObWolf

_ObWolf Well-Known Member

That's the thing ChozzAU. They have been known about, yet not fixed. The least that could be done is disable (remove) the ability temporarily until it is fixed. Considering this is a PvP based server, you'd expect action to be taken against the coding issue and thus resolved within a respectable amount of time. 2-3 weeks is not respectable for something when it can simply be disabled. As for the chain, they should only do 50% damage while in allied or their own claims. These are only a few problems of the many with the current PvP in BattleAU. The issues need to be resolved as soon as possible if the server expects people to enjoy their time and stay in the community.

4. blackknight11

blackknight11 Active Member

Don't you think that's at least a little bit worrying? You are the owners of the server.

DannyDog likes this.
  5. ikaz

ikaz Forum Junkie

It's because we get muted when we try to report a bug or even when we ask questions.

edit: or it's 'intended'.

6. Brad

Brad Well-Known Member

I believe Kindos was already working on ways to reduce chain damage within your own territory. This was discussed in a previous forum post. But I strongly agree with your comment upon this class howdy.

Yes,
    There's a few issues with sets at the moment! With regards to null blade, there's 3 other options you can try in the mean time. Kindos is a busy man, he is very focused on the server and can't do everything at once.

Backstab damage can be increased by certain build types with leather as me and daminecrafter found out last night.
    - did you riposte upon the first hit? And let the leathers repeated strike build up as they hit you?
    Then the first initial blow would deal that much. Which I believe is over powered but can easily be nerfed.

7. chiken_

chiken_ Forum Junkie

I've told kindos countless times about bugs like these, but he needs a bit of convincing, i'm hoping this does it!

8. ikaz

ikaz Forum Junkie

???

9. chiken_

chiken_ Forum Junkie

That's just not true, you get muted for spam pretty much every time, there are a few exceptions, but we definitely take in reports and suggestions if they aren't said in an unnecessarily stupid way.

I think if you want to get your point across, and address bugs; make forum posts like this one, instead of maybe private messaging kindos and kindos only since he's the developer.

10. ikaz

ikaz Forum Junkie

Like a day ago, I asked if alts were allowed and I didn't get a response for like 10 minutes, so I continued to ask several times. Then I got muted for the reason 'no'. This was when 3 staff members were on if I can recall correctly.

11. chiken_

chiken_ Forum Junkie

Don't pretend you were serious... You didn't wait 10 minutes, and instead of spamming, how bout private message. Either way you obviously know they aren't allowed. such an ikaz thing to do!

tommy272625 likes this.
  12. blackknight11

Is this seriously the way you guys do things around here? How does he need convincing to fix a bug? It's been known for weeks and surely someone who developed this plugin would have the knowledge to fix at least that.

Don't you people care about having a functional plugin and a decent gameplay experience for your players?

13. ikaz

ikaz Forum Junkie

I was actually serious, since I've told you guys that a certain person was playing on an alt multiple times and never got a reponse. and yes, he was who I said he was.

14. chiken_

chiken_ Forum Junkie

This 'bugs', at least the ones i was talking about and have known about, are not really bugs but really just things that people believe are unbalanced. Also Smart ass comments like
    "Don't you people care about having a functional plugin and a decent gameplay experience for your players?" are really not needed

15. Mykindos

Mykindos Owner Staff Member Owner Developer

The null blade was fixed today,

The other issues seem to be either just you being salty, or a global issue thats been in the work for a while now.

Rangers have always been able to snipe from there base, and originally it was quite frustrating with the bow damage increase from 1.9, so I nerfed bows total damage by about 30%.

One of the options I offered in another thread was reducing bow damage by a further 50% while the player is standing in their own territory, sure this can be avoided by stepping one block out, but its probably the best I can do.
    Noone gave me feedback on this, so I didn't do anything about it.

Maybe if you hit the knight with a diamond sword instead of a stone sword youd kill them faster.

16. Mykindos

People assume we read every single chat message and PM, I've told people if they want bugs fixed, they need to post them on the forums

17. blackknight11

In my opinion, this is a bit unreasonable. If you want your players to be happy with your server, you should strive to fix any issues as soon as possible. You could save a lot of time and hassle by just working on bugs as soon as you hear about them (be it in chat or teamspeak etc.) instead of just making them post it on the forums.

Why? I feel that if I voice my opinion it will help you "wake up" from this dismissive and egotistical mentality of yours and help BattleAU as a whole improve in the long run, that's the sole reason as to why I continue to post here. It's actually beneficial for me to remind you of these things in order to fix the various issues at hand.

18. Mykindos

Problems people usually report in game are commonly completely biased because they died to a specific set, on the forums it allows everyone to share there opinion easily, and doesn't matter if the player was online / offline at the time

blackknight11 likes this.
  19. blackknight11

This makes a lot of sense and I've never considered that perspective before. Thanks for the well-reasoned response.

20. Methodz

Methodz Forum Junkie

Never seen so much bitching in one thread.

chiken_ likes this.